Free Breastfeeding Advice from Breastmates Maternity Store

Share with Friends

Share/Save/Bookmark

Monday, March 29, 2010

Induced Lactation

Got an email from a lady I was corresponding with 14 months ago, we were originally corresponding as she was enquiring about inducing lactation for her surrogate baby.

Today she wrote:

 

“ Gosh a whole year and a half have passed since then!  Time flys as a mum.

Just to let you know that I was able to successfully breastfeed baby until she was 14 months old.  It was such an amazing thing to be able to do for our special surrogate baby.  The induced lactation meant I was able to supply just over half her milk with breastmilk and I used the medela supplementer to top her up – so she was still able to be at the breast.

It feels like such an achievement now that I look back!”

 

That is an AMAZING achievement.  Well done!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment