Free Breastfeeding Advice from Breastmates Maternity Store

Share with Friends

Share/Save/Bookmark

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Getting baby started on a bottle

I get a lot of emails from people with questions on how to get their babies started on a bottle and overcoming problems.  So I put a few tips on my website here:  Starting a Bottle

 

Today I got this reply back:

 

Hi again Frances, Great news, my daughter is now a pro at drinking from a bottle!! Your tips helped greatly! I found something similar to a Chu Chu teat which I think helped a lot.

 

At first, when my husband tried it was just hopeless! He tried on numerous occasions with me out of the room, wearing my clothes, and all sorts and it kept ending in tears and our daughter being too upset

to even realise a teat was in her mouth.  We decided I would try so I started breastfeeding her, then after about 3 minutes I detached her and quickly put the bottle in and she took it!

The next morning I did it again and she drank from the bottle a lot easier and smoother. The third time my husband did it straight from the bottle. It took a long time and a few more tears but finally she got the hang of it!  

 

The idea of not trying when it was her meal time was invaluable. She was always too hungry when we had tried before which got us nowhere. We were going on the theory that she would be really hungry so would  take anything. Definitely not an accurate one! So thank you once more again for your help! We all (me, husband and daughter) all really appreciate it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment