Free Breastfeeding Advice from Breastmates Maternity Store

Share with Friends

Share/Save/Bookmark

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Baby Kicks in Belly

I asked a question to the mums on my Facebook page, to describe how it feels when you first feel baby kicks in your belly for the first time  How do you know what it feels like?

With my first son, I felt the kicks at about 21 weeks.  But with my second son I did feel them earlier, about 18 weeks, because I recognised the feeling.  For me it was like a muscle twitch - you know how sometimes you get those in your eye?  Well this was a muscle twitch in my belly, and then it was a ripple feeling.  But the end of my pregnancy, there was no doubt about baby movement, and sometimes I could see a heel or some belly movement through my maternity top!

When you start to get further along in your pregnancy, there will be a lot of baby movement!  Midwives say that you should feel (and count) 10 kicks per day so that you know baby is okay.  Take a look at our Reminder Wristbands - they will help you keep count of what number kick you are up to during the day so you can make sure you get all those kicks.  Then after baby is born, use this as a reminder for breastfeeding times.

Anyway, read our article about how mothers described their first baby kicks

 

Thank you to the ladies that contributed their thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment