Free Breastfeeding Advice from Breastmates Maternity Store

Share with Friends

Share/Save/Bookmark

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Feeding baby with a tube

"My daughter, who is now 18 months old, absolutely refused to latch on when she was a newborn (to my despair). So the first photo shows her at one week old being fed expressed breastmilk via a tube that she sucked from my finger. As you can see in the photo I kept on doing skin to skin contact to hopefully encourage her to latch. After 4 weeks of persevering (and help from my midwife, a lactation consultant and a cranial osteopath!) she finally started to latch on to the breast and we successfully breastfed until she was 12 months old. The second photo shows her having a feed at 20 weeks old."

Words shared by a customer

View baby feeding tubes like the one used in the first photo

View more breastfeeding photos

Read more breastfeeding stories and tips

 

No comments:

Post a Comment