Free Breastfeeding Advice from Breastmates Maternity Store

Share with Friends

Share/Save/Bookmark

Sunday, October 11, 2009

BF after CSection

A friend of my recently said she would be willing to share her story on Breastmates Website
"Due to complications, I had my first baby at 37 weeks by way of "elective" (and I say that very loosely as it was not my choice!!) c-section under General Anesthetic followed by a Total Thyroidectomy operation - and so I woke up about 3 hours after my daughter Emily was born. I was determined to breastfeed and stressed for days prior to the operations/birth about how I was going to achieve this when I needed an operation immediately following the c-section.
However I did manage to breastfeed exclusively despite this (with the help of my fabulous midwife) by way of expressing colostrum prior to the double operation (which was fed to Emily via syringe) and then with the midwives help who put Emily on and off my breast for the first day or two ….

Continue reading the breastfeeding story

 

No comments:

Post a Comment